Intent: Ease, Nutrition, Time
Time: 15 minutes
This one is a go-to of mine for busy nights, and I love how easy it is (and how few dishes I have to do). The pasta is made from veggies and lentils, the meatballs are free of antibiotics, artificial flavors, preservatives, etc. And while I love meatballs, they are such a pain to make. If I can find pre-made versions that are just as healthy as I would make them, then why not? I add in some fresh mushrooms for a little nutritional kick and a little more oomph to the meal. Some sautéed zucchini or spinach would also be great here!
- 1 10 oz bag of Birds Eye Steamfresh Veggie Made Pasta (any flavor)
- 1 14 oz bag of Nature’s Promise Turkey Meatballs
- 8 oz pkg sliced mushrooms
- S&P to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F and spread aluminum foil or silpat on baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs for 15 minutes.
- With 5 minutes left, cook the rest of the meal.
- Cook pasta according to pkg directions (in microwave, 4 minutes)
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray and add mushrooms. Saute until they start to release their juices, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta and stir to combine. Add any additional seasonings now.
- Serve meatballs over pasta for what is quite possibly the easiest (healthy) dinner ever!