Again with the crazy Wednesdays! This Wednesday was the due date for my 90+ page Community Health Assessment report, and I knew that by the time I got home I would be exhausted. Slow cooker to the rescue! I love making my slow cooker salsa chicken because it’s so flavorful and healthy, and seriously the easiest recipe! Normally I do this as tacos or a taco salad, but I wanted to switch it up. I remembered a trip to a delicious taco restaurant in Milwaukee, Vagabond, where we had seriously the best corn dish ever! So, I thought I would use some inspiration from that, but made in a quick and healthy way, to make this spin on corn esquites but using zucchini as well! You could use sour cream or mayo if you would prefer, but I find greek yogurt offers more bang for your buck (in terms of nutrients, and cost!), and I really like the tang.
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1 jar salsa of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bag frozen corn
- 3 zucchini, chopped into half moons
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- 1 t chili powder
- 1 t cumin
- 1 t garlic salt, 1 t pepper
- 1 T ACV
- 1 t worcestershire sauce
- 1 T water
- Season chicken, and add to slow cooker. Top with jar of salsa, and cook on high 4 hours or low for 8.
- Cook corn according to directions
- Roast zucchini on greased baking sheet at 400 for 15 minutes
- Mix greek yogurt through water, then mix in corn and zucchini
- Shred chicken and serve on top of lettuce and with corn mixture on the side.