Intent: Nutrition, Innovation
Time: 1+ hour
Lunches this week are crispy, creamy, tangy, sweet, and healthy! Everything in this dish brings something to the table, from the protein in the yogurt and quinoa to the extra vitamins and minerals in the veggies. If I’m going to be working out more, I want to make sure I get enough protein to really be able to benefit from the time I’m putting into my fitness. Luckily, quinoa is one of the only complete vegetarian proteins – meaning it provides all of the amino acids, whereas most vegetarian sources of protein provide some but not all. Yay for superfoods that taste good!
- 1.5 cups Greek yogurt
- 2 T EVOO
- 1 t cumin
- 2 t salt
- 1 t ginger
- 1 t paprika
- 1 t turmeric
- 1 t cayenne
- 2 t minced garlic
- 16 oz fresh cauliflower and broccoli florets
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 T balsamic
- 1 cup arugula
- ¼ cup craisins
- Whisk together Greek yogurt through garlic in a bowl much larger than you need (you will be adding the veggies to this bowl!)
- Add cauliflower and broccoli florets, toss to coat, and marinate at least 30 minutes. If it will be longer, cover with saran wrap or aluminum foil and put in fridge.
- Preheat oven to 400F and spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Remove veggies from bowl (shaking off as much excess yogurt mixture as possible). Spread across baking sheet and roast until brown/crisp – about 30-35 minutes.
- While veggies are roasting, bring 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water to a boil. Cover and reduce to simmer, let cook about 15 minutes.
- Add 1 T balsamic to yogurt mixture and whisk until combined – this should thin it out enough to be a great dressing.
- When quinoa is done, toss with arugula to wilt.
- When veggies are done, combine with quinoa mixture in large bowl. Add craisins and drizzle with about ¼ cup of dressing. The rest can be saved in Tupperware in the fridge (about 1 week or whatever the expiration date was on the yogurt).