Intentions: Nutrition, Time, Ease
OK, I have made a lot of versions of this meal over the years. I feel like every time I make it, I make it a little bit different. But, this one might be my new go-to, if only for the ease and how few dishes it requires!
Now, bear with me, because this is a little odd. But, I saw that Campbell’s has started making single serving sweet potato soups, which are super smooth and silky. I thought, why can’t I use this as a base for a sweet potato “cheese” sauce instead of having to cook and puree them myself? So, I mixed the cooked soup with one container of fat-free Greek yogurt, nutritional yeast, and hot sauce – and it came out amazing! I added some peas for extra veggies, but sautéed spinach or mushrooms would also be great options!
- 1 box pasta of choice (I used cavatappi)
- 1 container butternut squash and sweet potato soup (Well Yes! brand)
- 1 5 oz container of fat free plain greek yogurt
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- 1 T sriracha
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 steamable bag of peas
- Cook pasta according to box directions
- In the meantime, cook soup according to directions
- Pour soup into medium mixing bowl, let cool for a few minutes
- Steam peas according to package directions
- Add Greek yogurt, nutritional yeast, sriracha,
salt and pepper into soup – mix thoroughly.
- Make sure the soup is at least a drinkable temperature when you add the yogurt – if it’s too hot when you add it, the yogurt will curdle
- When pasta is done, drain and add back to pot.
- Add sauce and peas, stir to combine. I found that the sauce made in this recipe is the perfect amount for 1 standard box of pasta.